3800Pro Forums banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
reliability

I drive my gtp 350 miles a week. Can I use a 1.9 or 1.95 ratio with that kind of daily driving. Or would I be better off with a lower ratio.

·
Registered
21 Posts
zzp rockers

What have you heard about zzp's new rockers?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mr. INTENSE said:
So, it all boils down to how much you want to spend, how skilled you are at parts installation and how much sacrifice you want to make.

Scott
It's a simply choice. Wear a pair of cute white shorts, or put on your jeans and work boots. Go for the cam or buy a moped. ;)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Can you get both a cam and rockers ?
Yes, but to even run a S1X and 1.7's you need some head work done. I think with IS3 heads you could go with a IS3 cam and 1.7s but I could be mistaken. Of course, you could always go with any cam and 1.6 RR's

·
Registered
660 Posts
hey guys i was wondering the cams you are talking about are they smog legal?

i live in ca....

also just a cam will it give 25-30hp?

does any one no what the 0-60 be with just a cam?

and does any one no what pulley you could run with a cam?

i was thinking about doing rockers but a cam sounds likes its a better gain..

steve

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Emissions

hey guys i was wondering the cams you are talking about are they smog legal?

i live in ca....

also just a cam will it give 25-30hp?

does any one no what the 0-60 be with just a cam?

and does any one no what pulley you could run with a cam?

i was thinking about doing rockers but a cam sounds likes its a better gain..

steve
I dont think those cams discussed are Emissions legal! Rockers are more your speed to stay legal!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Its all in the tuning. You can make a cammed etc... car pass smog etc...

I dont think those cams discussed are Emissions legal! Rockers are more your speed to stay legal!!

·
Registered
984 Posts

lol, does your inspector pull your cam and mic it out to find out if its stock? How would they ever know? put quite exhaust on the car and you'd be fine. As long as your car is tuned it won't effect emissions provided you still have your catalyst on, just make sure to FULLY warm the car up prior to going in for your inspection. Get that cat'a'bruning. NEDM.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
If you're dumping too much gas, just get a mini AFC and lean it out a bit!

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
why in the world would you repsond to a post that's over a year and a half old with this comment?
Have you ever found an old CD you haven't heard in a long time and played it just to realize how great it is? The comment I have no clue though...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Scott,

I have a 1995 Buick Regal Limited Sedan with the stock 3800 engine (code L) . It has 120K miles but always ran on Mobil 1 synthetic oil. I wish to know if the Intense rocker kit could give my engine more power and extend its life for more years. I have many years of mechanical job experience, mostly for repairs and preventance maintenance (and I began with my Dad's 1967 Olds Cutlass Supreme which had the 400 CI V8 engine), but I have no experience in upgrades. Do you recommend this kit, or should I try something else?

Thanks!

61 - 80 of 115 Posts