3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using a 3800 in a swap and the headers were cut and tightened to clear the frame. I now have very little spark plug clearance for wire & boot. I'm looking for shorty plugs to give more room. Accel lists P526S plugs as shorty/header plugs, has anyone used these or found any others?
Seamus McShank

·
Registered
767 Posts
you may have slim pickings as we have long reach tapered seat plugs.

the good news is that the washer sealed plugs WILL seal on our heads just fine so at least that should open up your choices to long reach taper/washer seat shorty plugs

only other thing i can recomend is the msd 8.8 universal sbc v8 wire kit with the straight/bendable plug ends.

you can bend those puppy's pretty close to the plug but the 90* plug ends would probably work just as well.

doin a swap and ya dont even tell us what it is lol

whatchadoin?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turbocharged,
The swap is a '01 L36 with only 5K on GM rebuild, with intake and cable throttle from '97 and original 4L60E trans into an '88 Toyota Sunrader Motorhome. Original 4 cyl Toy motor was barely alive, the ac compressor was shot and the trans had given out so I decided to put some mountain climbing power into it. I'm more adventurous than knowledgeable but I did swap a V6 Capri into a VW camper a very long time ago. Original 'experts' disappeared of course and I've been doing this in the yard a few hours at a time. Last weekend I got it to fire for the first time in 18 months.
Seamus McShank

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MonteSS,
I only get time to work on this on Saturday afternoons but I'll get some pictures posted soon. I found one "shortie" spark plug listed for the 3800 made by Accel that gave me clearance on #1. I'll get another for #4 this week. When I ran out of time this weekend it would start but surge erratically, maybe vacuum or something not plugged in tight. I'd also like to know how to wire an OBD plug.
Seamus McShank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts