3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if anyone has that horrible fake wood grain shifter bezel that goes around the shifter and wants to sell it, please message me. I broke mine off and glued it back and it looks horrible

·
Super Moderator
875 Posts
Try some local junkyards, also car-part.com may list something similar, and eBay is good for random parts.

Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
didn't think about the junkyards, good advice. My problem though is the piece I need doesn't really come off and I need it to come off to paint and that's how I broke mine in the first place, so If I do find that piece connected the console on a junkyard, i'll probably break it off again and be in the same predicament

·
Super Moderator
875 Posts
You can find all the tabs and Gorilla Glue or epoxy it back together. I can't remember how they come apart, but I'm sure I'll be digging into mine this spring for wiring tweaks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so I have taken off tons of shifter bezels on previous cars and they call came off effortlessly. If i knew this one was glued down so much, I probably would of taken off the entire piece and cut it out or pryed it out from the back, which i'll probably do in the junkyard when I find one this weekend. Never even heard a bezel being glued in like that before. Usually everyone in most cars made out of plastic just pops off very easily and snaps back in

·
Super Moderator
875 Posts
No idea, just look it over like an autopsy, and have a game plan for the yard.

Happy hunting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, will do! I looked online at my local junkyard and they have a regal with a spoiler too, so kinda try to attempt a spoiler removal while i'm there too

·
Super Moderator
875 Posts
I'd consider the entire trunk lid, just to have the factory holes in place if you want to get it paint matched. Not mandatory, but it's an option.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that's not a bad option if it looks like it will be a pain to remove, but I can't imagine how much an entire trunk lid would run me, probably way more than a spoiler

·
Super Moderator
875 Posts
Nah, I bet they say like $20-30 for each part. Each yard usually has a price list for u-pull things

1 - 10 of 10 Posts