3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If my shift selector light is accurate on the dash then it must be accurate on the floor console correct?

I messed with my shifter link cable and now it shifts into drive & you cant even tell.... how do you fix this?

:confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't see my floor console to see wheter I am in Driver, Park, Neutral or what ever, but when I look where the speedometer is it says I am in driver, so if it says I am in driver where the speedo is, then I must be in driver on the floor console too correct?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can drive it I have an overlay so I cannot see what gear I am in the floor console, but I can tell what gear I am in on the dash. So since I cannot see my floor console, would my gear that is by the speedo be the same on the floor console taht I cant see?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Sorry to drag this out so much :) , I would say as long as no major adjustments were made to the cable itself and as long as it shows P on the Dash when it hits forward and 1 on the dash when it is pulled all the way back you should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Ray I think i got it.

Aaron you say you have an overlay on your floor shift selector right? Im assuming you have one like mine where you cant see through it right? If that is the case, YES when you are in D on the console, you are in D on the floor. Same with R, N, P, 1, 2. Now that is a normal car.

You also said you messed with the shifter cable. What and why did you do that?

You also said you cant tell when you put in drive? what about the other gears? Easiest fix I woudl say for that is whatever you did to mess with it, reverse it and dont do it again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts