3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month ago I put in the standard Intense Racing PCM into my 1999 Monte Z34. I really like the top end performance. My concerns are with 1st gear take off. I read that the PCM was set for second gear burn outs. This is true and quite fun but for daily driving I need more 1 gear take off. I have to manually put the shifter in second to gear decent around town take off. My questions are this... What are the 1 st and 2nd gear settings? Is anyone else experiencing these issues? Could I have another problem causing the take off issues?

·
Registered
14 Posts
ok..explain this whole 2nd gear setup thing to me..wouldnt you want it set up so that for daily driving you can just leave it in drive..engage performance shift and have some fun? im a lil confused about this.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Its not the PCM that is set up for second geer burnouts, that is just how you do them. Put in second and do a burn out. That has nothing to do with the PCM.

When you say you want to take from from 1st gear, do you mean like sitting at a light and mashing teh gas and going? Or ar eyou talking just normal everyday taking off from a light?

im not sure I understand your problem? What kind of car do you have?

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Unless I'm sadly mistaken, with an automatic, no matter what gear you put the shifter in you will take off in first, unless of course, something "magic" has been done to the PCM, which is not the case with the Intense or DHP AFAIK.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Shift points, 1-2, with the DHP/Intense PCMs is at 6000rpm...But note that is only if the gear selector is in 3...If you take off with selector in 2, the shift point 1-2 is at a factory setting of about 5800 rpm...Well on my DHP anyway...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts