3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Hello All,

Ive had a couple modified GTPs in the past and alway like reading forums so i thought i would join you all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Motor vehicle Light Automotive design Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
875 Posts
Hello.

Where'd you get the little undeside pieces (rear diffuser, front splitter, etc.)? Just universal ones, or meant for a specific car that's similar size as a W-body?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The front lower is made from combine belting ripped down on table saw and secured to the factory lip. The front side canards i made from flat 1/8" abs plastic purchased flat stock from ebay. The rear diffuser was 3 universal ebay kits cut and pieced together.

Tire Hood Automotive tire Grille Car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The funniest parts are the side skirts. I looked far and wide for materials before settling. They are paving stone flexible border retainer edging. I inverted them and ripped down the side that contacts the body. Strong but flexible, ha ha...
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

Reactions: wesrb

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Nice GTP! This caught my attention because I have a 2003 GTP sedan....medium metalic red finish....OEM. My GTP has a ton of hotrod mods. Guess that has followed me since I was a serious DRAG STRIP RACER. Now days I don't do anymore track racing but I do still have lots of fun when I get squirley with my GTP. I has just about every mod one would want. Currently it's running with a 2.5" sc pully(had to machine a little off the SC snout for clearance which worked very well). Best part as of today is it has low miles on it. Back in the days before I knew much about hurting the engine, I did melt down a set of OEM PISTONS. So, after a major rebuild with good forged pistons and GOOD FUEL Supply along with supporting mods and a very good cooling system all has been 100% reliable with no harm to the motor. Of coarse I have all the cooling system parts at 100% and a full size intercooler. On another note, there was the question of good fuel supply for healthy engine operation. Being an auto tech for MANY YEARS, I figuered out the oem fuel pump actually works good......for me the correction was to bore several HOLES in the fuel pump canister housing to allow lots of fuel flow for the fuel pump. This has worked EXCELLENT with ZERO issues. It's been this way for a few years now and all has been 100% reliable. My two cents about 3800's.... Over all, the car has been very good now with no issues.
Mr Goodwrench(Jake)...... Thanks for reading my post.......!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts