3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 01 monte ss with the 3800 it’s had the service engine soon light ever since I bought it but now at this point I have no idea why it would be on it’s gotten a valve job new headgaskets just about every sensor replaced except for o2 and maf. I’m pulling no codes w my obd2 scanner is there any way I can track down why the SES light Is on. I just got my abs light to go off today so maybe that might have something to do w it.

·
Super Moderator
279 Posts
Your scanner may not display everything. You can try clearing DTC's and see if the light clears, and operates normally until it comes back (turns on during ignition check, off afterwards until a code triggers it on, etc.).

Stop by an auto parts store to have them try for free. They're not usually experts in most topics, so don't pester them about details, but they'll be helpful for a quick plug-in and even a clear.

Not sure why you got a valve job and new HG's (probably chasing the typical lower intake gasket leak too far down), but if you're flying blind on a code, it's always good to know rather than continue driving on it for long.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your scanner may not display everything. You can try clearing DTC's and see if the light clears, and operates normally until it comes back (turns on during ignition check, off afterwards until a code triggers it on, etc.).

Stop by an auto parts store to have them try for free. They're not usually experts in most topics, so don't pester them about details, but they'll be helpful for a quick plug-in and even a clear.

Not sure why you got a valve job and new HG's (probably chasing the typical lower intake gasket leak too far down), but if you're flying blind on a code, it's always good to know rather than continue driving on it for long.
Alright thx I appreciate the input . I did the hg’s way back when I bought the car I only mentioned cus I thought there might’ve been some relearn procedure or something

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you get free scan from an auto parts store along with the DTC's you may want to look at your readiness monitors and fuel trims. I have a nice little scanner I got from Amazon for $35 on sale that does all of that. Just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts