3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done or know how to do sequential tail lights without a kit on a car like my 1999 LeSabre with the 6 rear bulbs?!?

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Is that the car you want to modify to do that? You need a multi point delay box. 12v of course. Kinda like a ambulance strobe controller, but continuous in stead of pulse.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
That is sorta complicated way of doing it, it can be done much simpler, let me look at it and see what I can do.

Post pics of the taillights brakes on and off, running lights on and off so I know how they work now.

Are you looking at all segments to become brake lights and turn signals? IIRC Buick didn't do all as brake.

I work not far from Morton Grove, IL, is that where you are?

Is that the car you want to modify to do that? You need a multi point delay box. 12v of course. Kinda like a ambulance strobe controller, but continuous in stead of pulse.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will definitely get pics up, but you are right about the way they work. The corner lights in the body of the car work at brake and turn signals as well as parking lights, but the two on each side of the license plate in the trunk lid are only parking lights. I would be willing to convert the small sockets in the trunk lid to the normal brake/turn signal socket if I could make this work. I would like all 6 to possibly become brake and turn signal lights. I am in Morton Grove a couple blocks west of the Edens expressway.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
I am at US45 and Winchester Rd.

Could be done, don't see why not, the issue would be automotive grade and a failsafe to ensure safety if there is a failure in the controller/module.

But could be done.

Aren't the new Mustangs doing it factory? If so, snag a module and hack it to work. Might not be too cheap. This could be done reasonably cheap though.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Delay box isn't hard. I like them because you can dial in the speed you want to chase at. A good one will run $100-$150 and control up to twelve lights

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I do believe the 2010 Mustangs have sequential tail lights installed stock. Yea it definitely could be done and I plan on finding a way cuz it would be really cool.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Delay box isn't hard. I like them because you can dial in the speed you want to chase at. A good one will run $100-$150 and control up to twelve lights
Where could I pick up one of these delay boxes? I looked all over google and couldn't find what I was looking for. Maybe I missed it.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am at US45 and Winchester Rd.

Could be done, don't see why not, the issue would be automotive grade and a failsafe to ensure safety if there is a failure in the controller/module.

But could be done.

Aren't the new Mustangs doing it factory? If so, snag a module and hack it to work. Might not be too cheap. This could be done reasonably cheap though.

I bought 4 new brake/turn signal sockets at autozone and wired them in place of the 4 parking light sockets. I had to make a template and trim the opening in the tail light bar so they would fit but they fit nice. I also had to buy new flashers for the hazards and turn signals to handle the new bulbs. I have universal sequencers being shipped right now that will work with any system that has 3 signal bulbs. I found it on Sequential Turn Signals, One Touch Turn Signals, Challenger Sequential Taillights, Sequential Tail Lights, Mustang, Dynamite Stick Sequential, Pulsing Brake Light Pulser Flasher, One Touch Convertible Top, Dynamite Stick, One Touch Turn Signals, Dayt. I will try to post a video on here after I get it installed. It is going to be really cool looking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts