3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that their car is harder to start after the cam install? Ever since I put the cam in, the car usually does not start on the first crank. I have to crank it, stop and it starts on the second crank. I replace the motor at the same time so it may be that the motor is harder to start than the original. Has anyone experienced this? Is there anything that can be done about it?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Weird. Mine starts right up with the cam in. Maybe theres something wrong with one of your ignition components.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This can happen with a cam, and is usually a lack of air reaching the engine or too much fuel. Leaning out the idle with a mini-afc would help, but you can also try opening up the throttle blade just a touch, 1/4 turn.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think only one cam has started right off the bat. Usually I turn the key and let the fuel pump prime, then crank it over, takes longer in cold weather.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Mine started right up fine before i swaped to an LS1 TB. Then i had to do as scott suggested and hold my foot on the gas ever so slighltly and the car would start no problem. Since then I have removed the plug on the LS1 TB and the car starts without my foot on the gas just like before.

·
Registered
93 Posts
mine alway s starts on the first try.

kinda starts slow and a little rough, but i LUV that about it. sounds badass that it takes it a second to really get going. :D

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
I have not noticed this with my 1X however this will be the first winter i've had it in. It's gotten failry cold here (20s) but still no problem.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Timberwarp said:
None of the cammed cars in SoCal have a starting problem but then again our coldest nights are 40*. :confused:
yea and last week it was also 70' in LA.... cold I dont think so, for me cold nights are in the 30's but some on the list would laugh at that as I laugh at your 40' nights... thats the biggest thing I miss about not living in Cali... nice weather year round... :)

but about cracking the throttle when starting... what about adjusing the throttle stop screw on the side of the TB???? idle might increase a bit???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts