3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade to the Rollmaster double roller. Does anyone have a pic
were to modify the crank sprocket so the chain doesn't break? I know about the modded oil pump cover. I'm more interested what has to be modified on the crank sprocket so it fits properly.

·
Registered
831 Posts
That's hard to say...... when I put a double roller chain in my GTP, there no changes necessary. I simply installed the new chain and sprockets and away I went........several years ago. When I did that job, everything fit without any modifications. My car is an 03 GTP which originally had a single chain and gears. The only thing different was there was no need for a TENSIONER. It's been this way for a long time now with no issues. Jake

·
Registered
1 Posts
To run a double chain the balance shaft and timing chain tensioner have to go. Plus machine oil pump and double gasket front cover. I've never seen a need beyond single roller, even the LS7 runs a single chain. Sorry to revive old threads

·
Registered
831 Posts
On my GTP, I simply removed the sprocket for the balance shaft and left the shaft alone, which does just about the same thing as plugging the oiling holes for the balance shaft. Seems in days gone by I've read where some removed the balance shaft and plugged the oiling holes for the balance shaft. As I remember this was to allow for better oiling. Mine has been working great since and after the balance shaft was simply disabled..... and still going strong...... Jake

And I did install a double roller chain and gears with no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts