3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you guys haven't seen it there are two 3800 Supercharged cars competing in this year's event.

One in the 13 second Index and the other I hope in the 14 second Index. The 14 second car is a Buick Regal GS; I say I hope because when he was interviewed by Fred from 1320 Video the owner stated he was running the 13 second Index and his car hasn't run faster than 14.0

The other car is a 2nd gen Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. The DA was 4000 ft at S.R.C.A, 7000 ft at Pueblo, 8000 ft at Bandimere. Even so he's managed to run mid to low 13's at all three tracks. I'm guessing that is mid to low 12 second car which is pretty good.

Today is a travel day and they'll be at Kearney Raceway Park in Kearney, NB on Thursday.

You can watch the replay on Bangshift's YouTube Channel and highlights of course on 1320 Video which run about an hour so far.

Nice to see some W-bodies out there and should do it more often doesn't that that much for them to run low 13's for the 13 second Index.

Race Week 2.0 is fully subscribed but you can get on the waitlist and it's very likely if you show up they'll let you in. I think the original entry for 1.0 was 250, they ended up with 320 cars and motorcycles on-site and took them all. Ran out of registration stickers and t-shirts in the process.

·
Super Moderator
885 Posts
Good catch. Wish I could've signed up, but currently on a work trip. I've been on the waitlist for 2.0 in September, planning to run the 11.0 or 12.0 class depending on how it's running by then

Reactions: AThomas

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good catch. Wish I could've signed up, but currently on a work trip. I've been on the waitlist for 2.0 in September, planning to run the 11.0 or 12.0 class depending on how it's running by then
I am on the waitlist for 2.0 as well. Not sure what vehicle I'll use though.

·
Super Moderator
885 Posts
Cool. If my turbo Regal isn't behaving, I may just get the stock-ish GXP ready for 14.0 (unless I sell it).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts