3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if i just am looking to run a 3.4 pulley what should I use cams or rockers I also will be installing a 180 tsat and what else should I instal for some hp gains any suggestions. thanks

·
Registered
713 Posts
If you do not intend on putting on a smaller pulley, rockers should be able to give you the gains you are looking for. They provide excellent top end power. I suggest some sort of cold air intake, as well as a downpipe to help your motor 'breathe' a little better.

·
Registered
467 Posts
If you haven't done it yet, get a reprogrammed computer first, then the rockers. If the shift points are left stock, the rockers or cam won't get into the part of the powerband where they shine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the help but i dont think they make downpipes for s/c bonny's and if they do please give me a name as to where or a link thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any exhaust shop should be able to fab a DP for you, shoot for 3" mandrel bend, stay away from crimp or crush bends.
Rockers will give you a decent gain and are less labor intensive to install, a cam will give you a better power band but takes a lot more to install. If you go with that 3.4 make sure to step down in heat range for your plugs.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dp headers

I am not sure yet how much i went to spend and this also refers to the other post but If i where to get a new came dp headers not ported a new cat exhaust 3.4 pulley pcm do you have an idear how much i would be looking at because it isn't as if im 25 years old im still in my teens but have a good amount of $$ waiting to be used for hp so any idea how much would all cost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts