3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really starting to want a remote starter and was wondering if anyone could recommend a vendor/brand. Also any experiences shared would be a big help. While I'm on the subject anyone have a heated seat vendor/brand they like?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought an Avital Remote Start with keyless entry and a trunk popper from best buy for 200 bucks and it was installed the same day for free. I have had NO problems with it and so far it is delightful. It has alot of settings to make it just the way you like it (like run time, flashing headlights, etc.).However, other brands like Viper are really nice too. Do not skimp on a remote start! They can cause alot of headaches and can easily be avoided by purchasing a quality set up. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have the Avital as well. I did have a problem with the antenna but that was the installers fault. He was a friend of my sister and was doing the labor for real cheap. But it was fixed right away. I've had it for 2 years now with no troubles.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Greg Kaplan said:
I bought an Avital Remote Start with keyless entry and a trunk popper from best buy for 200 bucks and it was installed the same day for free. I have had NO problems with it and so far it is delightful. It has alot of settings to make it just the way you like it (like run time, flashing headlights, etc.).However, other brands like Viper are really nice too. Do not skimp on a remote start! They can cause alot of headaches and can easily be avoided by purchasing a quality set up. Hope this helps.
Avital is owned by DEI and yes it is a very good unit. I am glad to see 1 consumer that knows better than getting the cheap $35 remote start and expect it to be dependable. Yes they do cause alot of headaches we stopped installing remote starts unless they are bought from us because of that reason.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've had my DEI Viper for 4 years. Never heard anything bad about DEI products.

·
Registered
439 Posts
damn it i wish they would make something for M5's so i can have my remote start back!!!!!!! only like 3 Manuel car have a factory nutrale switch from the tranny and all 3 are over the 100k range :mad:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those all look like great models from what I have read about them, but does anyone know of a system that will allow me to use my OEM keyless system and still have the quality and features of a DEI system?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
viper04af said:
Y? the remote start one will do everything
Mainly because in my previous Eighty Eight the OEM keyless had to be replaced. When that car was totalled I bought an LS model and it had the stock keyless. I like the way the stock keyless works (unlock once, only drivers side/ the trunk button works, on my aftermarket I had to hold the unlok button 4 seconds to open the trunk). So does anyone know if the DEI kits will function the same way? Or will it be totally new? I suppose it's worth it for the remote start...

·
Registered
130 Posts
viper04af said:
damn it i wish they would make something for M5's so i can have my remote start back!!!!!!! only like 3 Manuel car have a factory nutrale switch from the tranny and all 3 are over the 100k range :mad:

if you know how to install it, all you need to do is ground the 'neutral safety switch' wire. but you didn't hear that from me. ;)

·
Registered
439 Posts
ChaosStarter said:
if you know how to install it, all you need to do is ground the 'neutral safety switch' wire. but you didn't hear that from me. ;)
i'm color blind :(

i know that all you have to do but i can't install it and neather will any place that sells them :(

i want it on my clutch peddel i know how to hold it down just need someone to install it

·
Registered
92 Posts
Any shop should be able to wire the keyless with dR side priority, it takes a few extra relays but no big deal. If they say they can not wire it find another shop.

·
Registered
115 Posts
L67fiero said:
I am glad to see 1 consumer that knows better than getting the cheap $35 remote start and expect it to be dependable. Yes they do cause alot of headaches we stopped installing remote starts unless they are bought from us because of that reason.
I bought a cheap one ($35) from local KMart when they were closing. Instaled it myself and never had problems. I can check the manufacturer if somebody is interested.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.