3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 97GTP and i just put in a fenderwell intake from speed built, i also bought a 3.4in pulley and a gatorback belt, i am wondering what kinda spark plugs i should get to get rid of KR. i also bought a 160degree thermostat i live in GA so im in traffic a lot and engine heats up like none other. dont have money for intercooler, headers, or anything else really right now gotta pay off a speeding ticket soon so gotta save up for that, so what spark plug will be best for my car?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I believe Autolite 104's would be right up your ally. They are meant for engines pushing over 6psi, which you should be well over with those mods.

·
Registered
187 Posts
104's but if those are all your mods you need to get a downpipe and ubend ASAP or your just asking for kr with a 3.4

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ive noticed the a fan relays works in conjunction with the 160 stat. That really gets the temps where they should be. Alone the stat seems to produce temps simulal to stock ones. So get the ran controll relays from Scott for the time beeing.

Be aware that the 160 stat may set a low temp SES in the winter. So you may want to get a 180 for the winter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
supposedly the 160 wont set off the ses light in the 97GP, i have limited funds, but i wanted to get the downpipe when i get my headers so it will all just be done at once. without putting on a ubend delete what will my degree of KR be with 104s?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
First, it is hard to say because every car is different. I would have to say it would be greater than 5*. Hard to say without scanning it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I personally wouldn't run a 3.4 on a car with no exhuast mods. ALOT and I mean ALOT of people have to run rockers, dp, ubend, plugs and a tstat to get no kr on a 3.4 some even have kr with headers and a 3.4

·
Registered
174 Posts
spd98 said:
I personally wouldn't run a 3.4 on a car with no exhuast mods. ALOT and I mean ALOT of people have to run rockers, dp, ubend, plugs and a tstat to get no kr on a 3.4 some even have kr with headers and a 3.4

ha ha ha I was lucky, ran a 3.4 as the only and I mean only mod and the car never saw a lick of knock.

·
Registered
314 Posts
running knock. time to get out the HP Tuner and get rid of it.
if i ran a 13.2 with the 3.4 pully with about 5* of KR, just imagine when its gone muah ha ha

·
Registered
347 Posts
Is anybody running NGK's? Sounds like everyone likes the Autolites. :confused:

·
Registered
224 Posts
ngk's are good, heck, they come stock on our cars, but the masses almost always suggest autolites. and if these guys are boosting and putting up good numbers....well...when in rome, do as the romans do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts