3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well some of ya'll probably read about my 88 project car i plan on dropping the L67 into.
I found a good L67 for about $600, but that's just the engine. HOwever my 88 had the tranny rebuilt not even a year ago, and it's been sitting for a few months, so it probably only has maybe a couple thousand miles on it.
Could it withstand the L67 and/or even function properly? I talked with Brian C. about this not too long ago, but he wasn't sure if it'd work due to the computer.

TIA

·
Registered
197 Posts
if you are going to use the OBD 2 wiring then you need the newer trans. if you use 88 3800 wiring you might be able to get a ship burned and use the stock trans. I do suggest going OBD 2 with the newer trans

·
Registered
24 Posts
Your best bet for a trany is to use a 4T60E from a 92-95 SSEI or Park Ave ultra. The wire harness can be used with some modifcations to fit the L67. The computer works fine with all the L67 sensors, except for the EGR , Knock sensor and O2. I am curently running a 93 SSEI 4T60E. I put 10000 miles on it so far with no problems. The electronic trans will also shift much better making the car feel 10 times better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts