3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a friend of mine wants to sell her 91 Park Avenue. Catch is the guy that came over to buy it told her that she needs to get a new oil pump. I checked it for her and sure enough there is no oil getting to the valves. I called the local parts store and they have a rebuild kit for about 40 bones. I am pretty mechanically inclined and have done a lot of work on cars/trucks. This will be the first oil pump I have replaced though. I suspect that it is in the oil pan.
Any information on where it is/how to get to it would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
873 Posts
It is monted in the timing cover in front of the crank gear.
Gimme a sec,i'll take a pic of the front cover for you.

·
Registered
873 Posts
This is a (sideways) pic of the back of the front cover.
The oil pump is directly behind the balancer,and is driven directly by the crank.
You have to pull at least some of the accesories,and pull the water pump pulley (no need to pull water pump probrably) as well as the balancer.

At the very least you'll prob need to lower the subframe.
I've never done the job in the vehicle,so someone can confirm that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Amazing response time. :) I greatly appreciate the picture as well. I am glad that I took the time to register and ask. I will be buy in a 93 supercharged Park Ave. from a buddy very soon, so I am sure that I will be back here soon :p

Thanks again for the help,
Jacob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts