3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi where can i find the genuine l67 rear main
plate TTY bolts without buying the whole plate. I cant find them separately in Aust wirhout buying the plate. Where do u guys get them fm in the states or better still tell me what u r doing when it comes time to replace them ?

·
Super Moderator
371 Posts
No idea. Never had that off any engine I've worked on. OEM bottom ends are very reliable to pretty high power (600+), and they're $500-1,000 at so many junkyards, you can trip on them.

Good luck, maybe someone here can help. I may rebuild a forged setup I have in storage someday, and it'd be good to know.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Hi where can i find the genuine l67 rear main View attachment 11038 plate TTY bolts without buying the whole plate. I cant find them separately in Aust wirhout buying the plate. Where do u guys get them fm in the states or better still tell me what u r doing when it comes time to replace them ?
Hi where can i find the genuine l67 rear main View attachment 11038 plate TTY bolts without buying the whole plate. I cant find them separately in Aust wirhout buying the plate. Where do u guys get them fm in the states or better still tell me what u r doing when it comes time to replace them ?
The most likely places to get this would be at a GM dealership in the parts department. A second good choice would be at dorman products...they have some GM oem type parts and at a good price. On another note, when you install this rear plate with seal, be sure all the bolt holes align in the rear of block before you torque it down. This is a pretty simple repair once the flywheel is off. One other thing to remember is that the rear plate aligns with the the holes in back of the block before you torque it down. All in all it's a pretty simple repair. Jake. I would also suggest using some good RTV sealer on the gasket to be sure you would have a GOOD SEAL.....no leaks!! Jake

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The most likely places to get this would be at a GM dealership in the parts department. A second good choice would be at dorman products...they have some GM oem type parts and at a good price. On another note, when you install this rear plate with seal, be sure all the bolt holes align in the rear of block before you torque it down. This is a pretty simple repair once the flywheel is off. One other thing to remember is that the rear plate aligns with the the holes in back of the block before you torque it down. All in all it's a pretty simple repair. Jake. I would also suggest using some good RTV sealer on the gasket to be sure you would have a GOOD SEAL.....no leaks!! Jake
Jake can u call your local gm dealer for me hence im in Australia and ask them if they sell the bolts separately. If they do i will organize some way of getting them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts