3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know what category to put this under but....

Hit a patch of ice last night and slid into a curb going about 5 mph. When I hit it, my rim on the rear passenger side took the impact. I wasn't going fast enough to do any harm( so I thought). After the fact my car was pulling. I thought I bent my rim, but when I looked at it this morning, you can see its not the rim, but the whole assembly is turned out. That's why it felt like I was dragging a tire... Like I said I barley hit the curb, but what could have bent from such little impact? It's on my regal gs, but I'm sure Grand Prix are the same set up.i have pulled the wheel off yet because I'm working alot, but thinking about what it could be. Any ideas? Thanks guys. Any guesses are better than none. Haha.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sounds like you have some bent suspension parts - probably the lateral and possibly trailing arms. Time to get some replacements from a salvage yard.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
it's camber you are feeling when a car is pulling, and toe that you are not (nor should you ever), caster is the angle of the steering axis, only the rear steer trucks and a few other obscure models like the solstice and the sky have it

you will be looking at excessive positive camber, and a toe angle, do not attempt to fix this (properly) at home, if it's bad enough and you're up to the task you can eyeball it to make it easier on the car when you drive it but that's really the most you should try at home, get her to a shop and have the entire suspension looked at, you're going to need an alignment anyway, and the lateral arm and tie rods that are likely bent will need to be replaced, alignment is included in the service time for that so it wouldn't cost much more to just have them take all the **** apart and torque everything back down

1 - 3 of 3 Posts