3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys and Gals,

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE only dyno numbers, as that's what I'll be doing!!!!!!!!

I'll be using HP Tuners and a local tuner!!

Looking to know how realistic 350WHP is?

What is the most that's been dyno'd on a VS cam with a gen V?

At what point are the stock L67 injectors maxed out? (91 octane)

The plan is an L67 (stock block W/ ARP Rod bolts), VS cam, Comp #105's W/ retainers from intense, roller chain, L32 heads/LIM and gen V (all will be ported/gasket matched/polished),ZZP MLS head gaskets W/ ARP studs, N* TB and MAF, ZZP 1 inch S/C spacer, ZZP 4" fenderwell cold air. Car already has headers and a 3" exhaust from the headers back with a high flow cat and magnaflow muffler.

The other parts up in the air are ZZP 1.65 roller rockers, belt wrap (depending on pulley size), and possibly a short stack intercooler.

As for pulley size I figured to start with 3.4 and drop as needed.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
VS cam has seen 350-375whp maxxed out, usually combined with full-size IC, 1.7 rockers, maybe ported heads and L26/26 block, but I'd have to dig through the archives of old forums.

You'll probably see 300-315 without pushing it too hard. Stock injectors on 91 will probably limit you to 280-ish, though. However, if you run unleaded race gas and/or upgrade injectors, I'd expect it to handle more pulley with the current setup, and get over 300 with the tune optimized.

All-in-all, you'll want to get it in whatever configuration you're going for, and continually massage the tuning to get small gains as you learn what it likes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VS cam has seen 350-375whp maxxed out, usually combined with full-size IC, 1.7 rockers, maybe ported heads and L26/26 block, but I'd have to dig through the archives of old forums.

You'll probably see 300-315 without pushing it too hard. Stock injectors on 91 will probably limit you to 280-ish, though. However, if you run unleaded race gas and/or upgrade injectors, I'd expect it to handle more pulley with the current setup, and get over 300 with the tune optimized.

All-in-all, you'll want to get it in whatever configuration you're going for, and continually massage the tuning to get small gains as you learn what it likes.
Thank you for the response!!! Awesome info. I was thinking of the injectors and pump with the wiring upgrade.
What injectors would handle the 350whp? I was looking at the deka 60's

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
60's would be enough and got me well past that on my turbo setup so far, and a good fuel pump & re-wire are key for being reliable above 300whp. I was getting close to max on 42.5's at 333.5whp on my XP/GenV/L36 setup and 100-104 unleaded with a 2.x" pulley. You'd probably be good with those, too, but 60's might give you enough to try E85 at some point, too, if you wanna chase that tuning dragon later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
60's would be enough and got me well past that on my turbo setup so far, and a good fuel pump & re-wire are key for being reliable above 300whp. I was getting close to max on 42.5's at 333.5whp on my XP/GenV/L36 setup and 100-104 unleaded with a 2.x" pulley. You'd probably be good with those, too, but 60's might give you enough to try E85 at some point, too, if you wanna chase that tuning dragon later.
Thank you!!!! I guess 60's and the aeromotive and a re wire it is!! I appreciate the heads up with the reliability part, because it will be my daily

·
Registered
1998 GTP coupe. All stock and rust free. That will change soon.
75 Posts
my old GTP coupe was dynoed by the previous owner. it had stock heads and rockers, VS cam, 42.5# injectors, Gen 3 SC with 3.0 pulley, full size IC, 3" downpipe and a tune and dynoed 297 hp to the wheels with 19 degrees of advance and no KR. Didn't dyno after headers and N* TB, but I think he ran 13.0 @ 107

personally I liked the VS cam, it had gret midrange torque and was really drivable. I'd love to install one in my current GTP (Dave, got any free time?)

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
I probably know your previous owner, if it was a WNY car that had that setup for any amount of time (my old hometown club). I'm stationed in VA now, so probably not a convenient way to make it happen. You can always get together what you need to make it happen, like I did as a poor college kid in Flint back in '04-'05 for my X-P install. I believe in you!

·
Registered
1998 GTP coupe. All stock and rust free. That will change soon.
75 Posts
dave if you're replying to me - i picked it up from Jason Gerbec after it sat for a while. I put another 60K on that car after I got it from him. we're all OG UNYCGP.

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
Ya, I remember back when I hit a UNYCGP meet in 2003 that ended at a Jenna Jameson autograph session. Things get random real fast, which is why I miss the clubs that used to be bigger in the peak days of 3800 stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts