3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Weapon R Dragon Intake for my ‘04 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 3800 Series 3, followed directions, got the MAF in the right direction and everything is clamped tight. However, recently noticed that I get a rattling sound from the driver side (you can hear it somewhat on the passenger but not that much) from low load 2-3k rpm. However if I kick it up a little bit more you hear only the supercharger whine. I’ve been told that it’s possibly my coupler, that I need a tune(after being told I don’t), that it could be the bearings in the supercharger, and honestly at this point I have no clue. It also doesn’t happen on cold start, only happens after it hits operating temps and has been running at operating for a few minutes. It doesn’t occur at idle or when in neutral. Only driving under load.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Making a wild guess, check all the drive belts and tensioner pulleys. Guess I would use a listening device to isolate the noise source (stethascope or a long screwdriver listening at you ears). This can somewhat pinpoint the noise area.... mr goodwrench. Also use a long piece of heater hose and listen with ears.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts