3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have a series 2 supercharged in my 2001 buick regal. It has a newer shortblock, and everything else has about 130,000 miles.
The problem I'm having is that it is having random misfires on the rear bank, so 2,4,6 I believe. It's a rough idle, but seems to clear up while driving? It also idles high once in a while and yes I've replaced the tps.

So far I've replaced plugs, wires, tps, and maf. Is there a common problem with these motors that I don't know about? Could it be clogged injectors or a a a a massive vacuum leak On that side IM? Thank you

I'm honestly stumped,I also checked Injector wiring, they are all fine.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
You may be able to use carb cleaner or either and spray around the intake area and try to detect a change in engine idle. Your symptoms may indicate sealing issues with the rear intake gasket.
The random hi idle should still be checked out for a sticky throttle body plate. Plug gaps set at .045 should be considered as well.
An easy place to start.(before tearing it apart!)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Check to see if 2 and 4 share the same coil pack. If so, swap it with 1 and 3 coil pack. Clean the terminals and use di-electric grease on the tips of the coil packs terminals only. Same thing with the spark plugs. Good procedure to do when at tune up time regardless.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts