3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, now this is for mostly the L67 guys who are making the switch to the turbo/CSC kits. here is my idea:

We use 2 I/Cs for some serious boost applications. a A/A and a SS A/W intercoolers. Use the SS i/c to mount to the L67 lower intake manifold, and then a custom upper intake mounts to that.

the turbo cold side would go from the compressor to the A/A ic and then up to the A/W. Here's the thing tho. For daily driving, a good size A/A would do suffecient cooling, but with the combo, the SS i/c is set to turn on to a certain air temp. Say when your air temps get about 140*, a sensor detects this and then turns on the A/W water pump. That would bring themps down even more so so you wouldn't have to run like Alky/propane/water inj at the track.

now, this is just a random idea after seeing the new Procharger kits for the '03/'04 Cobras. They use factory I/C for the base kits, and then add 2 moore (yes, 2 MORE) smaller A/A i/c's.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you want to cool things off more you can also install a ice exchanger in series with you IC lines. I routed a set up after the RAD/exch to the trunk cooler w/a Ford HCore and I add ice or dry ice for a drastic temp drop to get those temps down at the track or on hot days. It takes some plumbing but works well. I'll post some temps later when everything is dialed in.

Im going through ice quickly now. Im considering getting a smaller HC to see if it will help.

Also, there is nothing wrong (in my my opinion) with supplementing you IC with WI or PI...Im moddind and installing a PI kit. I like the octane benefits. Its a VAPOR so no chances of hydro-lock here.

QUESTION to the INTENSE guys is....why they dont utilize these types of heat reduction in there cars. Its fairly economical too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand what you're saying, but I would also want something that you wouldn't have to refill (besides ice). Like we all know how good the ZZP I/C works, so imagine how much better and less heat soaked it would be with a A/A in front of it. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts