3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I;m posting in the right section, but i have had sme random engine swap ideas rollin through my head. I have a 97 gtp and have been thinking about swapping in a 5.3. The more i think about it the more i try thinking outside the box. Anyone ever heard of a 6.2 swap into a gtp? Or does anyone have any ideas abut if it would fit?

·
Registered
85 Posts
In my personal opinion, if you're going to go through the trouble of putting a v8 in, convert it to rear wheel drive also.

·
Registered
122 Posts
a v8 and fwd combo...... convert it to rwd. a gtp with 6.2 converted to rwd now thats thinking outside the box:)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
a v8 and fwd combo...... convert it to rwd. a gtp with 6.2 converted to rwd now thats thinking outside the box:)
x3, you're asking for trouble trying to make a 6.2 fwd

·
Registered
66 Posts
The only V8 you're going to swap in easily and keep it FWD would be the 5.3 LS4, everything else has too long of a crank and won't work with the accessories.

Before I would piss away the money and ruin a good GTP by trying to convert it to RWD, I would build a tube chassis or simply go by a RWD car. Much cheaper in the long run and will perform much better in the long run. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Car would require reworking the driveline hump, an entire new suspension, pushing the FW backwards to make way for the longer block and too much fab work. You're literally looking over $30k in fab work + parts. but DAMN hearing a cammed LSx in a normally FWD grand prix would be one potent combo! I have thought about it MANY times but my father doesn't want to let me steal a shop bay for my pipe dream :(

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd just build a tube chassis, then hang a GTP skin on it. Cheaper and lighter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts