3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once you get them heated and staged, can you just trounce the pedal when the lights turn or do ya still have to feather the pedal.
I need a new set of racing tires and was considering Slicks instead of DR's this time.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I think thats what i'll end up doing. I have a set of the ol school GP rims that are 16x8 and just need to figure out what to buy.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I have the QTP and i just mash the gas. :D

The more power you have the more you will have to feather like Steve said. Also how teh track is will also dictate if you have to feather or not.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What RPM are you guys launching at??

i'm on QTP's now as well...trying to find the 60' handle. 12-14psi of air as well...and they look really wrinkley

·
Registered
52 Posts
what size rims are you using Steve?? I take it you have screwed them as well running that low of PSI

·
Registered
52 Posts
Damn Bro...I knew you were kinky...but do you really need to screw tires? LOL JK.

I'm going to finish burning up the QTP's and then I will probably go to the Welds and ET Drags

·
Registered
346 Posts
FWIW, I get a little heat in the tires and put the pedal to the floor as quickly as my foot can get there. No muss, no fuss. M/T ET Drags and wheelie bars for me. :)

John

·
Registered
315 Posts
local tracks here you cant just mash it... :(

If i tried i would pull 2.4-3.0 60 foots...

i would take off at about 50% and ez into it quickly.. best 60 foots i could pull all year on m e/t's was 1.89... at norwalk i pulled 1.93 on re730 street tires... so alot is in the track..

·
Registered
243 Posts
A few of you mentioned "screwing" the tires to the wheels. At what point of psi do you need to do this on the QTPs? Also, how do you know what psi to set them at? I just got a pair so I'd like to get as much info on them as possible before I hit the track. I havn't ran my car yet so I'd apprecaite any advice.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Id say anything lower than 10 psi you would need wheel screws. i have QTPs and i run mine at like 14PSI

·
Banned
6 Posts
John F said:
Once you get them heated and staged, can you just trounce the pedal when the lights turn or do ya still have to feather the pedal.
I need a new set of racing tires and was considering Slicks instead of DR's this time.
I dont even hit boost until about 150 feet.

For the ones who get 1.7 and lower 60 ft's. do your wheels spin off the line. I herd in a front wheel drive car you need a little wheel spin..

Ryan K

1 - 15 of 15 Posts