3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have you considered p&p'ing your TB? I did mine and I felt a decent gain, then I pulled it off again and ported it a little more because I was bored and no cash for other mods. If you've got a dremel and a 120 grit flapper wheel, you can do your own TB. Don't spend all that cash on a ZZP one, especially if you don't have a cam or rockers. Your times seem a little slow. You have headers, exhaust, dhp, and CAI and you trapped 88.7? I trapped 90.8 with just track prep, a FWI and UD pullies. What weather did you run in, and what kind of gas were you running? Just curious...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have considered porting it myself but i dont have the tools needed, i ran [email protected] in april it was about 50 degrees out i cant remeber, but that was just with the CAI, and exhaust, then in may and september i ran [email protected] but temp was 81 degrees out, this was also running 93 octane, i may have been getting some bad kr that day im going again on oct. 23, temp should be about 58 degrees, do you think i could run 14.9 with cooler weather with my current setup, i dont want to spend money if i dont have to, or should i get a TB and rockers,

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
99GT2dr said:
Have you considered p&p'ing your TB? I did mine and I felt a decent gain, then I pulled it off again and ported it a little more because I was bored and no cash for other mods. If you've got a dremel and a 120 grit flapper wheel, you can do your own TB. Don't spend all that cash on a ZZP one, especially if you don't have a cam or rockers. Your times seem a little slow. You have headers, exhaust, dhp, and CAI and you trapped 88.7? I trapped 90.8 with just track prep, a FWI and UD pullies. What weather did you run in, and what kind of gas were you running? Just curious...

what track prep did you do, did you take the seats out at all, and what was the weather when you trapped 90.8, also my 60 foots are bad 2.210 :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
My track prep was no spare/jack, headlight pulled, and tire pressure 26f/45r in about 65 degree weather in san antonio. Ran no better than a 2.2 60' all that night because my tires SUCKED. I don't take the seats or anything out, because I like to run at the track with the car as close to the way I drive it on the street as possible. I'd invest in a dremel if you don't have one, very useful tool if you're a mechanic.

·
Registered
38 Posts
8-Ur-Honda said:
for those of you that have a GT how many tenths did ZZP's HVTB take off your quarter mile time
I haven't taken my car back to the track since I put on the S1 HVTB, although I will on Saturday at MGM. :) It definitely improved the throttle response and the car feels somewhat quicker. I'll let you know what kind of gains I get from it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would just get a gtp tb. A gtp tb is 69 mm, while a stage one tb is only 68mm. You could get them very cheap. Just email [email protected]. You would also need a mini afc to run this though. This is what is holding me back. Decided to get a dp w/ no ubend and no cat for the price of the mini afc and tb. I will be adding a gtp tb when i cam in the spring.

nick

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fish said:
Bigger doesnt always mean better. :D Just stick with the S1 TB. You also might want to consider rockers with your headers. Dont plan on the HVII though.
Im getting the GT1 cam instead of rockers, but even with a cam you dont recommand the HVII :confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fish said:
Bigger doesnt always mean better. :D Just stick with the S1 TB. You also might want to consider rockers with your headers. Dont plan on the HVII though.
I am just showing that there are about the same size in diameter and that you could the gtp for cheaper if the cash flow isn't there. I have also heard good and bad on the HVII. It seemed to depend on the car. I won't hijack your thread this time and will post another one sooner or later :p

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think the stage 1 thr. bdy is a good gain ,the stage11 is overpriced imho ,talking about porting your own unless you bore it out and put a larger thr.plate in you wo'nt gain much,the cheapest conversion for a gt use a gtp thr.bdy .Asfar as the hvii I tried it and the low end torque loss is too much for it to be of any use,I've not heard of a single person having a 1/4 mile gain with the hvii installed .

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chico how much gain did you notice with your GT1 cam, as far as whp horsepower and how many tenths did you shave off you 1/4 mile time

·
Registered
91 Posts
8-Ur-Honda said:
Chico how much gain did you notice with your GT1 cam, as far as whp horsepower and how many tenths did you shave off you 1/4 mile time
I can't really tell you because the cam was done along with a complete engine build.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts