3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
1994 Buick Regal GS
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks.
My oil sending unit is leaking a substantial amount of oil out of the connection end. I'm assuming something has broken or cracked within the unit itself. I have a replacement and the OEM socket. However there is no way to get the socket over the OSU as there is a hard coolant line directly above the OSU. I removed the water pump to see if there was some way of disconnecting the hardline. There isn't that I can tell. It appears to be pressed into the back half of the water pump housing. Does the back half of the housing have to come off to get that hardline out of the way? Is there something I'm missing? I've unsuccessfully tried searching the forum.
Thanks in advance.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Rim Gas

Super Moderator
Ya, we don't get many folks messing with Series 1 3800's on here, since the Series 2&3 became a hit for decent upgrades for daily drivers.

It looks like a line wrench or crow's foot socket (see pictures) is going to be the winner here, so you don't slip off with a normal wrench, unless the closed end gets on there.

Kitchen utensil Auto part Metal Nickel Composite material

Motor vehicle Bicycle part Rim Automotive design Font

Both pics are from Harbor Freight, in case you want to spend minimal for "single-use" type tools. 馃榿

Registered
1994 Buick Regal GS
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, we don't get many folks messing with Series 1 3800's on here, since the Series 2&3 became a hit for decent upgrades for daily drivers.

It looks like a line wrench or crow's foot socket (see pictures) is going to be the winner here, so you don't slip off with a normal wrench, unless the closed end gets on there.

View attachment 11295
View attachment 11294

Both pics are from Harbor Freight, in case you want to spend minimal for "single-use" type tools. 馃榿
Thanks Dezidave, I was able to figure it out with a buddy, a six pack, and a few hours. Thanks for the help though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts