3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP that does not come with the HUD, and I would like to find another Grand Prix, (GXP,GTP, or GT doesn't matter which I come across) that has a HUD. I would assume i would need the top part of the dash, center console, wiring harness and the actual HUD projector. Is this something that is doable? Is there anything else i should be aware of when attempting to retro fit this otherwise factory feature?

· Administrator
1,530 Posts
Just look for what the harness supplying data to the HUD module requires. The adjuster will be on the center console, but the projector/tilt motor will need the appropriate data signal (maybe a serial line).

If you get access to a donor car, be sure to get the harness ends and components for all required items.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thank you for the advise. and the mirror tilt etc., along with brightness dimmer and on/off switch is part of the button/nob that is attached to the center console that i will be taking from the donor car. whatever is supplying data to it however i will have to investigate on for sure. I mean it a factory option and nearly the exact same car so I would hope it wouldn.t be that hard. I cant be the first guy to ever want to have the factory option of the HUD after the fact. Also in my current center console there seems to be empty wiring harness ports which i would assume that that may be for the HUD??? wont know until I can get inside a GP that has a HUD.

· Administrator
1,530 Posts
True. I've never popped my GXP's console open, just had to repair/reinforce the spring hole in the mirror where they wear-out over time. Pre-04 HUD's were much simpler, due to less complex data sources, but I may be able to dig up the 2004 GM service manual data when I get back on my laptop later.

· Administrator
1,530 Posts
The windshield is minimally different for reflecting the display. Multiple people did swaps in 97-03 GT's successfully, where the component changes were simpler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts