3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have an Autotap scanner for my laptop. I logged about 6 runs with my car. 2 Idle, 2 Cruising, and 2 WOT. I'm trying to see what all my parameters are at so I can see what kind of tuning I need. I record the runs and when I try and play them back all I get is a blank screen. I can use the playback controls. Play,stop,rewind,fastfoward,etc. The numbers are moving but the screen isn't showing anything. I saved them to a config. file and everything. IT'S NOT MY LAPTOP. Anyone have any idea how to read the playbacks? Does it still have to be connected to the car? Anything that will be of help is appreciated. God forbid they send you instructions. 300 freaking bucks and tech supprt is a f***ing joke! :mad: Their website isn't worth a damn either. :mad: The tool works good otherwise though. :D
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, it's just because I am runing back and forth from my car to my house, in the rain, the roads are flooded, no one knows how th drive when it's wet out, almost got hit TWICE!, and now it might have all been for nothing. Plus it's my girlfriends laptop so I can't throw it at the wall :D Sorry for the outburst guys. I'll try again on the website. Anyone that is going to get an Autotap, don't listen to my ranting. It really is a good scanner.

Thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I read the online manual and followed the directions to the "t". It's still not working. I either get the blank screen or a box pops up that says an error has occured and to contact B&B electronis or someone. Then it wouldn't even let me turn off the computer. Something about autotap not being able to close. I'm really starting to get pissed now :mad: . Any ideas guys? I guess I can monitor my idle but for driving I wanted to record. Isn't that half the point of this damn thing?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I was planning on doing. I wish their was a 24hr tech service available. I apologize for the inapropriate thread heading and post. It's been an agravating morning. One problem after the other. I will refrain from such comments in the future.
Thanks

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hi, Frank. I personally don't like viewing the log file directly in AT. Here's how I use it:

1. Perform scan/log. (BTW, you can log your idle, cruise, and WOT in 1 log... just be sure to log TPS %, so you know when you're idling, cruising, and going WOT.)
2. Switch to Playback mode.
3. Export to CSV file.
4. Close AutoTap.
5. Open Excel, and open the CSV file.

HTH

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I did what you said and was able to read my logs. Thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts