3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just dropped in a new engine because my last one threw a rod through the block. I got it in and bolted up one flexplate/torque converter bolt, spun it a little (it was extremely hard to spin) then it just woudln't budge at all after spinning it about a 1/4 turn. Now I can't get it to turn at all even after getting a wrench and cheater pipe on the crank bolt. Now I'm doubly screwed because I have one of the flexlate/torque converter bolts up out of reach and can't get it back down to unbolt it. Any ideas/suggestions or help would be apprecated; I'm out of ideas and ready to give up. :confused: :(

·
Registered
72 Posts
What is it 13:1 compression....? Try pulling the plugs out...release the compression my help dispite the problem..

Who built the engine? Let us know what it is...

·
Registered
565 Posts
Uh, oh, sounds like something majorly wrong here. Can you rotate it backwards, or is it stuck altogether?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Might ask the prev. owner how long it sat out of the car. I bought a used engine for my old Cavalier (when I owned it) and it was from a '94 and was going in a '94 and I had it and it sat for a year before I got around to installing it. When I did, it wouldnt turn over either.

Before install, still on an engine stand, I turned it over, dropped the pan, and lubbed the back side of the pistons and cylinders with WD-40 and let it soak over night. Next morning I could get a wrench on the crank and she would move.

Installed, everything was fine, but I had a few lifters or push rods that would get really loud when you get on it. But the sound went away after around 2-3K miles of driving daily.

My advice to you if that above doesnt give you any different ideas, is to remove the plugs, whick I see you have, and spray a little WD-40 in the cylinders, and let them soak (over night). Your rings maybe stuck to the side of the cylinders.

~Farnsworth~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts