3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what section this belongs in... Recently while drving everytime i turn my car i get this humming noise... At first i thought lower ps fluid however i checked it and it was fine.. The noise itself sounds like a car doing 90 down the free... The road noise you get... My question is, this only happens when turning the vehicle is there any thing else i could be over looking, if so, what is it. Second, has anyone swapped/changed theirs before?

please let me know.

Thanks Brian

·
Registered
15 Posts
Could be a bearing on a pulley or tensioner. The reason you may hear it only when turning is because of the added stress/tension on the belt when the pump is running harder. Take the belt off and see if anything wobbles or makes noise when you spin it by hand.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i'll take the belts off, but to warn you i did a harmonic balancer the other day and took some bad advise from someone (won't name names) and well few days later i had to remove it and reinstall it...... possible problem there...

Thanks for the help blake.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It could be a bunch of things and still could maybe be the Power Steering pump, I just figured you should try the cheapest/easiest things first. I've removed my Power Steering pump before(both on the L67 & L82), PM me if you have questions with that. Alldatadiy might have pics or diagrams & you still can use that logon i gave you, check that out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts