3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I rebuilt the motor 14k miles ago and did the oil change I believe 3 times now and never found anything in it. But yesterday I did the third oil change and found what appers to be a needle bearing on the drain plug. so I spent all night and part of this am looking at the lifters and rocker arms and didn't see anything out of place everything looks to be fine and intact what could it be from? We cut the oil filter apart and nothing was in it and we used a magnet to try and retrieve anything in the pan but didn't find anything we even didn't see anything on our little bore camera... Im not sure what else to look for. Also in pic for size comparison that's a 1 gallon water jug cap and a master lock key so its really small....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
So I rebuilt the motor 14k miles ago and did the oil change I believe 3 times now and never found anything in it. But yesterday I did the third oil change and found what appers to be a needle bearing on the drain plug. so I spent all night and part of this am looking at the lifters and rocker arms and didn't see anything out of place everything looks to be fine and intact what could it be from? We cut the oil filter apart and nothing was in it and we used a magnet to try and retrieve anything in the pan but didn't find anything we even didn't see anything on our little bore camera... Im not sure what else to look for. Also in pic for size comparison that's a 1 gallon water jug cap and a master lock key so its really small....

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Wow, that looks like a needle in a hay stack!! If you checked all the rocker arms and don't see any needle bearings somewhat out of place it should be OK.....hopefully. But, checking all the rocker arms for a missing needle bearing is gonna be difficult for sure. You would need to take the rockers apart to see if that came from a rocker arm. And that would require rocker dis-assembling. You could also buy one rocker arm if you find the cuplrit. Is it possible that needle was from another repair? Get back to us if you find the problem child..... Best of luck....Mr Goodwrench (jake)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts