3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I ended the season with another pooched engine, yippy, lol. Well its not that bad really, I made the mistake and put in Shell 91 octane gas, I usually run 94 Methonal gas, either way first time running Shell 91 and I detonated bad enough to bust a ringlet. Not really a big deal though, it still runs fine, just had to replace the plug, but I'll have to drop in a new piston this winter anyway. But thats good too because this forces me into rebuilding it once again, and there is nothing like a fresh engine come spring.

Anyway , is there anyone here selling some used 8.5 Forged Pistons? :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
How much boost were you pushing when it popped? Over here in Cali, its 91 or 104 octane (@ $6.50 a gallon). Also, you still running 9.4:1 compression?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Timberwarp said:
How much boost were you pushing when it popped? Over here in Cali, its 91 or 104 octane (@ $6.50 a gallon). Also, you still running 9.4:1 compression?
No I am running 8.5, L67 pistons and rods. Its not really a big deal though, now its time for som 8.0 Forged :)

Oh ya , your question, I was running 17 pounds of boost. :eek: ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
A few days ago i filled up my car with regular gas. Then i checked the KR, and it jumped at one point to 10. something. Then i tried it again, and it just jumped to like 5. something. So far the car has been running pretty good. I have some brand new GTP's at work and we do not different kinds of gas, just regular. And we have no engine problem with them at all. Maybe because is stock engine it does not affect it that much. Anyway, this is my last time i put regular gas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts