3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the recommended plugs and wires for my 99 GT with exhaust, 180 TStat, and FWI? Should I look at changing anything else when I do this maintence?

Thanks in Advance,
Brian

·
Registered
93 Posts
you could go 1 heat range cooler, but its not necessary. I'd just stick with the stock AcDelco plugs with the stock gapping... goodluck

·
Registered
124 Posts
yeah he doesnt have enough mods to go with colder plugs. If at all possible, get a hold of stock plug wires. They seem to do better than the "upgraded" wires.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I run autolite 606 plugs, they are stock replacements and like 1.25 each. Along with cheap autozone replacement plug wires. :D

I dont think plugs and wires will make any difference unless you are getting KR and drop down a heat range.

·
Registered
139 Posts
heh it's funny but i'v seen aftermarket wires die more then stock ones.
upgrade if you want some color in your engine bay. it's all show n no go!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nismo is right for the most part, upgrading our ignition system is rather inaffective, the stock coils are plenty strong and stock wires do just fine. the major drawbacks of aftermarket wires is that often times they are not shielded as well and will cause radio interference, and the majority of "performance" plug wires wont last as long as a set of Delcos and soon enough you could be seeing a missfire with a wire arcing in the rain.. It it were me, id just go with a set of Delcos... Unless of corse color is an issue.... :cool:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Not to high-jack QuikL36's thread... but what about plugs for these mods:

DHP v1.0 PCM
180* t-stat (modified)
MSP CAI w/9" K&N
U-bend Removed
DYNOMax Super Turbo Mufflers

And I DO see KR... anywhere from 3-5 norm. :eek:

TIA. :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts