3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something we might not think of - how about the library?
Not just any local library, but a big city or big county library?
Los Angeles County Library has the Chilton on line resource - not easiest to find, but it is there.
I happen to live in LA County, can't say if you need to live here to join the library.
But it is certainly worth checking out - wherever you are, check out the larger library systems near you!
Also, Autozone, but their system may not cover all cars? It claimed to not have coverage for my 2012 Impala. But Chilton's did, via the library!

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
370 Posts
I had the torrent ISO dvd image of the GM eSI manuals that had great '98-'04 info, before. If there's anything else out there, feel free to mention it. Chilton's and Hayes are fine for some things, but the horse's mouth is always a little more comforting.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the torrent ISO dvd image of the GM eSI manuals that had great '98-'04 info, before. If there's anything else out there, feel free to mention it. Chilton's and Hayes are fine for some things, but the horse's mouth is always a little more comforting.
Agreed- if you can get the factory manual, that is wonderful.
If you can't, this is an alternative.
Remember, the one I found through the library isn't the little diy Chilton/Haynes manual, but a much more comprehensive doc - very similar to the factory service manuals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts