3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
I thought some factory did this on a brand new engine, maybe it was the new GM v6, i don't remember but it does sound familiar for some reason.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gm does it on the New 60 degree V6 that has dual overhead cams. Not sure of the name of the new engine but i beleives its new for 2004 but I dont belieave this is done on the series II and i beleive its still not done on series III

·
Banned
165 Posts
It's not done now, and from all of our testing and some "outside ;) " sources it's not necessary. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
It certainly would be a cool idea, the new HF V6 uses it and the ecotec has it for boosted applications. Might be a little more trouble then it's worth though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it seems to me that maybe it be worth doing if you were rebuilding the block. Im not sure exactly how the guy kit works but if the block needs to be machine it wouldnt cost the much more to add it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think this would be a good idea if the engine were designed to run it from the factory, but adding it in afterwords would be harder to integrate. You'd want your oil pump to move a higher volume of oil and then I'd also worry about starving the actual important parts (bearings, lifters, etc) from oil. I just don't know if the existing oiling system could support 6 nice sized "leaks" in it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I emailed MLR and thier website is

www.blp.com

this is what the email said

Dan
thank you for your interest in BLP Products Inc
Yes we do still sell the Dome oiler kits.
They can be used on a stock block, and althought a high volume pump is not
required it is reccomended for this application.

I be getting a price pretty soon

·
Registered
134 Posts
Er...but we dont have a high volume pump/gears out there. We just have high pressure kits. Good idea yes, but I dont think it would be all that fuseable for our engines.

We all want high volume...so we just increase the pressure a little to make up for not being able to move more oil/volume.

~Farnsworth~

1 - 11 of 11 Posts