3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all Is there any reason why I shouldn't take my Intense PCM out and put my stock one back in when I go back to my dealer for serves.Reason for is i don't trust them and they may reflash it on me if i'm not there.I had roters replaced on the back on warranty' after the tech guy took my GP for a test run he came in gave me the keys and said that pontiac not stock and laughed.

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Are you taking it in for something that might be computer related? If not, probably not needed. I can't imagine them reflashing the PCM just for grins. But...it might be the safe thing to do.

·
Registered
433 Posts
stingray said:
Hi all Is there any reason why I shouldn't take my Intense PCM out and put my stock one back in when I go back to my dealer for serves.Reason for is i don't trust them and they may reflash it on me if i'm not there.I had roters replaced on the back on warranty' after the tech guy took my GP for a test run he came in gave me the keys and said that pontiac not stock and laughed.
Well if he could tell it wasnt stock then he must have been driving it pretty hard. Thats why service stations or dealers are not allowed to touch my car. If you feel uneasy about it then it wont hurt to swap in the stocker when you take it in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys muchly appreciated long as it dosent hurt any thing i think i will take it out.

·
Banned
189 Posts
Howdy all,

Swapping pcms before a dealer visit is wise. Under warranty, techs will flash p.c.m.'s in order to install latest files, mainly because they get paid well to do it even if it is not necessary. Posting a sign for them not to flash p.c.m. will tip them off that car has been modified. a dealer that is not mod friendly mad have an issue with this.

BIG JEFF

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HI all I think you are right Jeff and Rob i put everything back to stock except the down pipe.I had them install the down pipe and they said they dident see any thing wrong with that. They said it would probably help in fuel milage and performance.They also said if by some chance i blew the motor because of the down pipe they would replace it but i would have to go back to the stock one with the new motor.I was happy with them saying that it made me feel good.They also said they thought the Random Tech down pipe looked like some pretty good hi tech equipment and how much it cost me so i told them and they said not bad.They are not a bad dealership i just don't wont them to no the rest of my mods.Don't wont to make any problems for my self if i can stop it.I told them i didn't wont any of those mustangs up the road at the ford dealer to be passing me after all i was driveing a Pontiac they agreed and said keep your end up.The down pipe was one of the first mods i did. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.