3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to rewrite the pcm?
I fried the pcm on my 1999 gtp and got one at a junk yard. But its out of a 2000 regal. It has a different feul disable system than the gtp and wont run for more than 3 seconds. So i got a different one but its from a 1999 gt. This pcm works but the feul curves and ign timeing is different and so forth. So the car runs like **** and knocks a lot.
Is it possible to either elimate the feul disable on the regal pcm or change the programing on the gt pcm to gtp programing, with a tach 2 at a dealer? or is it best to buy an aftermarket one?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The GM dealership can re-write the correct code for your vehicle into the replacement PCM. In fact that's the only way they can fix the issues you're having is to re-flash the PCM completely with the correct code for your application.

Of course an aftermarket PCM gives you all the rewards of increased performance, etc. but it's more money than a simple re-flash of stock code.

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
If you give the after market PCM tuner the VIN, it will be put into the PCM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.