3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up the rest of what was needed to drop to a 3.5 including a zzp pcm. Car started right away and got over 100 miles before running into an issue. Car felt like it jerked and threw a p0101 code. Car would also drop to 500 rpm when letting off gas and stall if I didn't keep on the gas. Boost gauge would show boost regardless of how much gas you gave and even at idle it would show boost. Replaced MAF sensor and had same issue same code.. Emailed zzp and they said its probably the MAP sensor and it could cause that same code and cause the wierd boost readings. Replaced MAP sensor and made it about 15 miles until it happened again. Car drives good gets up good but drops in rpm and wants to die. Boost gauge showing over half full at idle. Did find beginning of crack in t fitting at intake manifold leading to MAP sensor so I will replace that. Anything else I should take a look at before assuming its the PCM causing these issues? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
489 Posts
It's not the pcm. That's a solid-state thing, and your issue developed physically after the tune already performed normally.

Check over the vacuum fittings everywhere, and any other parts you've touched while doing work on it to.make.sure things are tightened, sealed, and clean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not the pcm. That's a solid-state thing, and your issue developed physically after the tune already performed normally.

Check over the vacuum fittings everywhere, and any other parts you've touched while doing work on it to.make.sure things are tightened, sealed, and clean.
All fittings look good minus the t I will replace. Took it off and it just broke in 3 pieces very easily. Hoping thats the issue but not sure where to look next if not fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts