3800Pro Forums banner

pcm horsepower help...

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Bencvalley 
#1 ·
new to this forum stuff. I have 1999 GP GTP i got for cheap and fixing up and looking for some more horsepower for kinda cheap. been working in garage now for 4 yrs so can do most myself....Anyway found a new pcm for about $125. its a zzp 1.0 from zzperformance.com... question is is it anygood and how good is it for my Stock 3.8 S/C engine and will i have to change anything to put this is????

#4 ·
Because when you Deal with Brian, you are working directly with the manufacturer, He has personally developed his tunes and tested them on his Dyno. Besides that if you have problems he stands behind his product and can help you sort out other issues. I hear ZZP will work with you a little but I have seen Brian go above and beyond what was expected. And hey he beat their price too. :)

#6 ·
I believe Brian has a base tune that he can sell you (like ZZP does) that will give you a small benefit over a stock tune, but....if you plan on modding your car, why not tune it just after you install them so you realize the full benefits of your modifications? That way you maximize the benefit for your modding $$.

#12 ·
Yes, add me to the list of people that would recommend DynoBrian as the go-to person when it comes to tuning. I've done business with many of the vendors and by far working with Brain has always been great. By far the best customer service that you'll get when it comes to tuning.

#13 ·
+++1

yes, add me to the list of people that would recommend dynobrian as the go-to person when it comes to tuning. I've done business with many of the vendors and by far working with brain has always been great. By far the best customer service that you'll get when it comes to tuning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.