3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK well i have a 2003 GTP and first was wondering can i hook up a switch on the stock PCM to activate PS like the 97-00?

I was looking at the intense PCM and the DHP. but for the DHP you have to have PS so if i go with DHP i want to put a switch next to the seat warmer switch. I went to radio shack and saw a switch that would go good there but it was rated 10A at 120VAC could i use a switch with this rating? if not what would i need?

Also are the power/ground wires diffrent or can you just use the same kind?

Thanks, not to good with electrical

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I think you'd be better off to skip this, and run with something like we do on our INTENSE PCM's for 2001 through 2004 GTP's. Here's the description from our website:

** The 2001-2005 Grand Prix GTP and 2001-2004 Regal GS (and any other vehicles not originally equipped with Performance Shift) do NOT require the addition of a performance shift harness to utilize the features of our PCM's. Instead, we code your new PCM to automatically invoke firmer shifts and higher shift points at higher throttle positions. Under light and moderate throttle, your car will shift just like stock. At heavy and full throttle, the shifts will automatically become much firmer and later.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also these are my mods w/2-3* of kr that was in 70* weater i think i sould be fine for winter and if i dont get a pcm and rockers i'll go to a 3.4 for next summer..
3.25 pulley
MSP CAI
3" DP no cat
180 t-stat
autolite 104

1 - 4 of 4 Posts