3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend has a 98 Lesabre that we took out and scanned with my LS1M today. He was getting occurrances of part throttle knock, usually around 15-25% throttle. the knock varied from .2 to over 3. Full throttle didn't seem to be too bad, some knock, less than 1 when it happened. The car has less than 50K miles on it. Any ideas? Is this normal? I can post the scans if needed. TIA.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i had partial throttle knock but i was running 87. i havent had a chance to rescan (thanks for reminding me to do that) Also, i was seeing around 6* of KR. i think only WOT kr really matters, are you really only going part throttle during racing anyways?

·
Registered
238 Posts
stuffy236 said:
i had partial throttle knock but i was running 87. i havent had a chance to rescan (thanks for reminding me to do that) Also, i was seeing around 6* of KR. i think only WOT kr really matters, are you really only going part throttle during racing anyways?
dam 6 degrees of knock, are you still having that problem or did you take care of that already

·
Registered
124 Posts
dont know, im gonna have to rescan. I had rockers, HVII, DP, CAI and tstat when i had that KR. Ive since demodded and only have CAI, tstat, and DP

·
Registered
33 Posts
Knock Retard on GT

My g/f's GT gets a lot of knock. Before the mods, she was seeing anything up to 9* of KR. I don't know what the deal is. After the DHP, Downpipe, PEMs, and rockers, she sees up to 3 or 4 still. WTF???? This is driving me nuts. She's using 93 octane too, I don't get it. I really didn't think killing KR on a GT was going to be a mission for me. I thought is was bad enough on the GTP. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2000SilverGTP said:
My g/f's GT gets a lot of knock. Before the mods, she was seeing anything up to 9* of KR. I don't know what the deal is. After the DHP, Downpipe, PEMs, and rockers, she sees up to 3 or 4 still. WTF???? This is driving me nuts. She's using 93 octane too, I don't get it. I really didn't think killing KR on a GT was going to be a mission for me. I thought is was bad enough on the GTP. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Have you checked for false knock?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fish said:
False knock, and what kind of plugs??

With those mods, I run AL 605s gapped at .058 with little blips of KR at shift.

Other than that, I really dont have any.
My g/f is running AL 605's. I think some of the KR may be false, but it seems that it may not be as well. I think there's too much KR for it to be false. I'll keep checking and trying to figure it out though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts