3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a p1811 code with no hard shifts. My 1-2 shift was running .7 seconds. I put in a transgo shift kit and the shift time is now .15 sec. I have changed the fluid every 75K. It looks fine with no metal filings in the pan or burnt smells. It now has 225k miles on it. Although my p1811 code is gone that whirring sound like a pump at higher pressure is still there. It shifts like a dream. Several internet p4T65e guru's say the cure is an epc solenoid (also the transgo people say to change it also). My battle plan is to change the epc, and the two shift solenoids. Should I do anything else while I am there? Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Say, if you can post the specifics of the car, I can look on my ALLDATA APP to confirm that code and related issues when it pops up. They also have OEM SERVICE BULLETINS which would also help.....BUT I will need specifics to check it out...... Jake

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Say, if you can post the specifics of the car, I can look on my ALLDATA APP to confirm that code and related issues when it pops up. They also have OEM SERVICE BULLETINS which would also help.....BUT I will need specifics to check it out...... Jake
It is a 2002 Buick Lesabre. Do you need the car vin or the number on the transmission? I know I don't have the 3.29 differential. Thanks for looking Jake.

·
Registered
956 Posts
From what I found on the alldata tech site, the issue looks like a high trans oil pressure. Know that on my end, I'm wondering if the shift kit you installed could have been installed for a less aggressive shift point. If you still have the install paperwork for the shift kit, look it over again and see if there"s a less aggressive way for the install. I used a RAMCHARGER SHIFT KIT from 3800 PRO and installed it at a medium point......didn't want a SLAMMING SHIFT POINT. It works excellent. All that said, it could be the pressure control solenoid. PS, did this problem start after the shift kit install??

Get back if you can with results.....Jake

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I found on the alldata tech site, the issue looks like a high trans oil pressure. Know that on my end, I'm wondering if the shift kit you installed could have been installed for a less aggressive shift point. If you still have the install paperwork for the shift kit, look it over again and see if there"s a less aggressive way for the install. I used a RAMCHARGER SHIFT KIT from 3800 PRO and installed it at a medium point......didn't want a SLAMMING SHIFT POINT. It works excellent. All that said, it could be the pressure control solenoid. PS, did this problem start after the shift kit install??

Get back if you can with results.....Jake
The high pressure sound was there a while before the transgo kit. Transmaxx recommended a new PCS which is what I intended to do. Thanks for looking up the malady.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts