3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Chevy Monte Carlo SS L67
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my good people, I have a 2002 Monte Carlo SS that I have swapped in a L67 from a 2000 Buick Regal GS. The swap was super easy as i used the engine, transmission and cradle from the Buick. The original MCSS wiring harness worked with all the necessary connections being completed. The original 2002 MCSS computer worked with a tune from a stock 2004 MCSS i uploaded with HP Tuners.
So all my tuner friends i am in need of your help on the last bug that i cannot figure out. I can start the car and drive it normally just like any other vehicle but every now and then it has a hiccup that happens when ever it feels like it.
Here's my symptom, cruising around 65-75 steady state the car will lose 50% power for a minute or so, When this happens the STFT and LTFT will skyrocket and slowly make there way back down to normal positions. I caught this event happening once and the SES illuminate with the code P0101. Sometimes the car will completely shutdown but start right back as if nothing happened. I did get luck to capture this event with my HP Tuner scanner. The attached scan shows the event at approximately 20:43 if someone could view and please help it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello my good people, I have a 2002 Monte Carlo SS that I have swapped in a L67 from a 2000 Buick Regal GS. The swap was super easy as i used the engine, transmission and cradle from the Buick. The original MCSS wiring harness worked with all the necessary connections being completed. The original 2002 MCSS computer worked with a tune from a stock 2004 MCSS i uploaded with HP Tuners.
So all my tuner friends i am in need of your help on the last bug that i cannot figure out. I can start the car and drive it normally just like any other vehicle but every now and then it has a hiccup that happens when ever it feels like it.
Here's my symptom, cruising around 65-75 steady state the car will lose 50% power for a minute or so, When this happens the STFT and LTFT will skyrocket and slowly make there way back down to normal positions. I caught this event happening once and the SES illuminate with the code P0101. Sometimes the car will completely shutdown but start right back as if nothing happened. I did get luck to capture this event with my HP Tuner scanner. The attached scan shows the event at approximately 20:43 if someone could view and please help it would be much appreciated.
Maybe I'll have to PM the scan because the attachment wouldn't load.

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
You can paste a screenshot of the scan in the post. Probably easiest for now.

Did you leave the rear O2 sensor in place, DTC's shut off or not? That's exactly what happens when a 2001+ 3800 runs a stupid catalytic converter check, adding fuel during light throttle to look for a reaction from the rear O2 signal. (Leaving the sensor plugged in, strapped to the heat shield or still in the pipe is easiest, as it's not available in most tuning programs.)

Also, give the MAF a shot with cleaner (MAF spray or QD electronics cleaner) for a $6-7 peace of mind.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can paste a screenshot of the scan in the post. Probably easiest for now.

Did you leave the rear O2 sensor in place, DTC's shut off or not? That's exactly what happens when a 2001+ 3800 runs a stupid catalytic converter check, adding fuel during light throttle to look for a reaction from the rear O2 signal. (Leaving the sensor plugged in, strapped to the heat shield or still in the pipe is easiest, as it's not available in most tuning programs.)

Also, give the MAF a shot with cleaner (MAF spray or QD electronics cleaner) for a $6-7 peace of mind.
Attached is the snip and as i think about it i may have left the O2 disconnected after the CAT. I will be sure and connect it tomorrow before testing. I have already replaced the MAF sensor today but i ran out of testing time as it was time for me to go to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts