3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me out here? I had my converter, ubend, and resonator removed and piece of straight pipe put back in its place. To me it sounded like crap. TOO much kackle. I had a turbo tube put back in place of the resonator which removed the kackle but also added some back pressure. the oxygen sensor was put back in the pipe, but did not kick the check engine light till right at about 1k later. I was looking into the O2 simulators to remove this light, but am unsure where and how they hook up. i was lookin to have the pipe replaced again to a 2.5 since the guy only put a 2 on there.......not the original plan. does anyone have a suggestion if i should go with a high flow cat, keep the turbo tube, or go with a aluminized glass pack. what will give the biggest gain in hp and best sound. and do i have to have the o2 sensor put back in the pipe or will the simulator fix this too.

thanks

'99 gtp

·
Registered
565 Posts
If you are going to use anything other than the stock cat, most likely you will need an O2 sim. Some cars can get away with the high-flow cats and some can't. However, if you keep the turbo tube or use a glass pack, you WILL need the sim.

If you are planning on getting an O2 sim, you do not need to put a bung (hole) in your pipe for an O2 sensor. The sim is just plugged into the electrical connection for the rear O2, and zip-tied to the underbody (or mounted any way you please).

As for the sound, I'm not sure what will give you the best sound. All I know is mine is very raspy between 1600-2100 RPMs, due to using just a straight pipe in place of the cat (3").

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you still have the ox. sensor in the pipe you can spoof it with a 100k resistor ,cost less than a buck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info guys. i tried emailing the company...they did respond but he was talking about a spoof and stuff i didnt understand. and i wasnt sure as to how to eliminate the rear o2 sensor or where the simulator plugged in. so this week ill got back to my exhaust guy and have a new pipe put in and the oxygen sensor removed and the sim put in. and go from there. does anyone know what size pipe would be the best and how much id gain by having to rear mufflers changed out if any.

thanks again

99 gtp

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so jason. i can just unhook the rear o2 sensor, plug in the 02 simulator, and put a piece of straight pipe in without the 02 sensor at all? just making sure before i go to the shop next weekend. ill tell you what all i came up with and how it worked. thanks again for the advice.

thanks
99 gtp

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hey, where do I put the 100k resistor in? Where can I get one -Radio shack?

Sorry -don't mean to hijack, but it does come fall in with the 02 sim.

·
Registered
565 Posts
jbsplus3 said:
so jason. i can just unhook the rear o2 sensor, plug in the 02 simulator, and put a piece of straight pipe in without the 02 sensor at all? just making sure before i go to the shop next weekend. ill tell you what all i came up with and how it worked. thanks again for the advice.

thanks
99 gtp
Correct. :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Another option would be to upgrade the PCM to an Intense unit... the rear O2 is turned off...

...food for thought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.