3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, this is what i got...interior wiring issue!
i have pwr to: lights hi/low ..tail/no brake light
car runs fine ...no communication w/ pcm
no int lights
no radio
no mirrors
no door locks
have windows
have dash
have climate control ..but no hi fan

and don't say i've got a mess because i already know that.... :rolleyes:

·
Banned
203 Posts
Sounds like you got a wiring problem? :D

I'm not gonna ask stupid questions like "did you check the fuses?"

What have you done to your car recently that might fry a wire?

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
What kind of vehicle??????????????????????????????

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
My best guess is that all those accessories share a common ground somewhere. You might try looking in your manual and locating the ground point for the first two or three of those accessories. If they're the same, you're getting warm...

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Maybe a bad BCM?

·
Registered
713 Posts
I'm with Scott on this, that is too many things not working at once to be a coincidence, i will see if i can find the wiring diagram and post it for you.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Kip give us some insight as to what you did wiring wise. i suspect you did something basied on how you answered Bucks second question.

Im with scott here as well. Something you may have tried to wire is or was not grounded properly and is causing some shorts.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well it's a 98 monte w/ l-67 swap..the issue started when i was removing the battery, the lead to the fuse box droped on the fenderwell and shorted out. :eek: i replaced the fusable links first and then i found that the ground to the battery was fried so i rewired that. i gutted the interior yesterday and checked all the grounds that i could find inside. now here is the funny part i had two pwr sources running to the radio one direct to the battery which was dead. one to the acc which was good. wired those two together, i now have everything working. the only problem is nothing works except when the key is on...... :eek:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Intimd8r said:
well it's a 98 monte w/ l-67 swap..the issue started when i was removing the battery, the lead to the fuse box droped on the fenderwell and shorted out. :eek: i replaced the fusable links first and then i found that the ground to the battery was fried so i rewired that. i gutted the interior yesterday and checked all the grounds that i could find inside. now here is the funny part i had two pwr sources running to the radio one direct to the battery which was dead. one to the acc which was good. wired those two together, i now have everything working. the only problem is nothing works except when the key is on...... :eek:

that's because your constant 12v fuse is blown. you need to find that. a lot of the things you mentioned need a 12v turn-on and a constant. check EVERY SINGLE FUSE over again with a dmm. i've seen fuses that even though they didn't look blown, they were and worked once they were replaced.

·
Registered
130 Posts
also, you may need to run a new 12v constant from your ign. wires (that would be the closest). since all it's getting now is ign. power, but it has no memory wire (12v constant). When you fried the wiring, you may have literally fried a wire, so I would check those over as well.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Intimd8r said:
Dan, we found it! it was a broke wire on the back of the fuse box. thanks for all your help! I love this site!!!..... :cool:
You didn't even had to mess with the wiring for your swap and you got problems :rolleyes:

I can't imagine what you would've done in my case :D

J/K kip, I'm glad you found the problem, electrical issue can be very hard to find sometimes...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts