3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
How old? Don't know if I'm considered "old guy" yet, but meeting some local club members...they prolly think I'm some "far out old man". I guess if you can place that qoute to what movie, you must be considered "oldish".

·
Registered
784 Posts
Just how old are we talking here? I can guarantee I'm right up there with you. I come from the days when EFI was considered cutting edge stuff. These young guys are pretty impressive with they're knowledge on computer tunning etc. Maybe not there with us older guys regarding practical hands on mechanical experience. But, I've learned a lot from them regarding tunning, electronics etc. on these newer vehicles.

·
Registered
381 Posts
My first modification was to put a Judson Supercharger on my "New" 1963 VW...Burned 2 pistons with that...

2nd mod was on "New" 1965 Chevy Malibu...Put 3-2 setup and Duntov cam and solid lifters on the 283 smallblock...

Still rolling now at 60...

·
Registered
784 Posts
Damn you are old. lol. My first one was on a 1 year old 69' chevelle ss 396. Bored and stroked with a twin pack. Had to wait until the warranty was up. Rememeber, 12,000 or 12 mos. what ever came first. I don't know how many hours and dollars I've spent since then but, it's a lot. I'll bet my wife knows what I've spent though. lol!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts