3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 Buick lucerne. Found that I had a crack in the timing cover causing a coolant leak. Bought a new cover swapped the oil pump gears over packed them with Vaseline put everything back together started it and it ran fine for 30 minutes so I shut it off. Waited 15 minutes started again and I’m getting the low oil pressure light. No oil pressure problem prior to swapping the cover. I’ve also replaced the oil pressure sensor the oil filter and since I broke it the crank position sensor. I’ve took it apart and put it back together 3 times with the same results. I’m at a loss at this point and would really appreciate some help. Thank you.

·
Administrator
959 Posts
I'd suggest running a mechanical oil pressure gauge from the sensor port in place of the factory one for a bit. It should read the actual value while strapped to your wipers or something, temporarily for checking.

They go for about $20 at the parts store, and just require a short line connecting to the sensor port (1/4" NPT, I think).

If this comes up normal, you'll have new things to check.

·
Administrator
959 Posts
You can get a fresh pump and spring kit from ZZP to ensure you're starting with new components. I'd use oil or moly assembly lube to put it together, and just be meticulous with assembly.

Just did a swap in mine, as well, during a recent project, and understand the situation. Let us know what you do and the results going forward.

- Dave

Reactions: Aaronjnorris88

·
Administrator
959 Posts
Ya, we typically upgrade or shim them slightly for a boost in pressure. That may not be the issue, but there's only a few items in the mix, so you should be able to get going again, soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts