3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm exploring all options to keep myself AND the wife happy. We need another set of wheels especially if the silver is summer only and wont see the road again for a couple of years. It needs to be big enough for 2 car seats at the moment and if I want a child of my own possibly 3 depending on timing plus space for bags. I'm not going to spend a dime to become a soccer dad and drive a van. I'd rather finance something for 5 years and get a multi purpose toy. My local dealer that I know is willing to pick up anything 2007+ at an auction for $1000 down and finance it through them for a small fee. G8 would be nice but a Trailblazer is cheaper and likely cheaper to insure (more of them, bigger/safer, 4wd, etc) but still a wide aftermarket following.

·
Super Moderator
3,490 Posts
Trans is the weak link again. They will only handle so much abuse/power before popping. After that its a call to RPM Transmission to have them build one.

I always thought it would be nice to have one of these with bolt on's and 4 15's in the back. :8

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea thats what Ive looked into, the 12 bolt diff and almost pefect gear ratio have been well into the 9's with no issues. GM Sucks at building trans that can hold up to aftermarket power but at least the 4L70E can be built to hold 800whp for under 5k unlike the 4T65EHD. RPM wasn't the company I was looking at the other day but with dozens of cars in the 8's & 9's I think its safe to say they know what their doing.

Do remember what kind of power you had with them? I guess with the LS2 tuning wise must be pretty straight forward.

·
Super Moderator
3,490 Posts
Got a Cam and Edelbrock Intake SS making just over 400 wheel.

Got another truck with a 416 inch motor and a F1R Procharger. Its AWD so we had to street tune it. We are estimating 650 to 700 wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts