3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Northstar throttle body on my L32 and needed to know what the TPS should be set at?
It has a little bit of a rough idle and on cold start it won't idle down until the engine is warmed up.

·
Super Moderator
885 Posts
The TPS should be a direct swap, not requiring any changes for the 0-5V reading. The Idle Air Control (IAC) valve is in charge of how much air gets thru during idle.

If you're experiencing something odd, I'd focus on hunting fir any vacuum leaks (a hose as a stethoscope works great). It doesn't take much for idle to be affected, and the IAC may not have enough impact if it's a big enough air path. You can also swap IAC valves to ensure it's not that component causing an issue.

·
Super Moderator
885 Posts
Closed, so it reads 0% throttle. The IAC valve lets plenty in to work properly.

The wires just need to adapt from 3800 to V8 connector, all 3 performing the same function (you should be able to find the diagrams online, I forget where I had it saved).

·
Super Moderator
885 Posts
That seems about right, most 5v sensors will run in the 0.5-4.5v range, to give some wiggle room and know when they're beyond range due to a fault.

These guys have a pretty thorough explanation of the system, if you need some bedtime reading:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts