3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that when I monitor my timing advance (KR) it's usually around -20 to -25 degrees during normal driving. WOT it'll hit 0 degrees but that's the most I've seen. Is this normal on a stock N/A 3800? The only thing I've really done so far is the ZZP "tune".

·
Registered
1998 GTP coupe. All stock and rust free. That will change soon.
101 Posts
I'd have to check previous notes about how the 97 reports WOT timing. The 97 reports timing weird. the -20 / -25 really means you have 20 to 25 degrees of advance which is normal. At WOT a stock PCM will command a maximum of 15 degrees and then apply knock retard (subtract) using the knock sensors as inputs.

·
Registered
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd have to check previous notes about how the 97 reports WOT timing. The 97 reports timing weird. the -20 / -25 really means you have 20 to 25 degrees of advance which is normal. At WOT a stock PCM will command a maximum of 15 degrees and then apply knock retard (subtract) using the knock sensors as inputs.
Ah I see, it's just a weird 97 thing, like alot of things.

·
Probably Spam
2 Posts
I've noticed that when I monitor my timing advance (KR) it's usually around -20 to -25 degrees during normal driving. WOT it'll hit 0 degrees but that's the most I've seen. Is this normal on a stock N/A 3800? The only thing I've really done so far is the ZZP "tune".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts